Leftover Turkey Salad2012-11-21
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 10m
Turkey salad with a light and creamy dressing. This is a perfect recipe for your low sodium Turkey Day leftovers!
The sodium is reduced in this recipe by replacing half of the traditional mayonnaise used in turkey salad with sour cream.
Check the sodium levels in the mustard that you use carefully, as some are higher in sodium than others. The spicy brown mustard that we used has 50 mg of sodium per 1 teaspoon serving.
- 15 ounces of finely diced roasted tureky (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared spicy brown mustard
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely minced sweet red bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika (optional)
In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, and vinegar. Stir in the garlic powder and black pepper.
Add turkey, peppers, celery, and onions to the bowl and stir until coated. Sprinkle with paprika for accent if desired.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Total Fat15 g
Saturated Fat5 g